What is ReaktorX
ReaktorX is a pre-acceleration programme for early stage startups
How can I apply?
- For industry experts looking to start their first company.
- For ambitious students with entrepreneurial mindset.
- For anyone with an idea and a strong will to make it happen.
What is the aim of the program?
Take your startup from idea stage through customer development to the first version of the product (MVP), ready for first customers and / or first investor funding.
How does the application process look like?
- Applications close by December 12th
- Reaktor crew review the applications by December 20th
- Startups that make it to stage 2 are notified on December 21st
- Hangouts are scheduled with all the teams between Dec 1nd and Dec 6th
- Final decisions are announced on Dec 13th
What’s going to happen during the programme?
Once you are accepted, you will be assigned your own private mentor who will help you develop your product on a weekly basis. Even though you will have one own mentor, you will also talk to other mentors during the pitch and networking events.
We will be holding a series of events, mentoring sessions and workshops for you twice a week.
During the last week of the programme, we are going to organize ReaktorX Demo Day where each graduate will pitch their startups to investors, journalists and fellow founders.
- Workshops once a week between 30.01.2017 and 7.04.2017 (10 workshops)
- Two networking events (first on 19.01.2017 with pitching session)
- Sessions with mentors once in a two weeks between 30.01.2017 and 7.04.2017 (5 sessions)
- Three separate pitching sessions
- Demo day with pitch contest
- Winners of demo day pitch at OpenReaktor
What are the workshops on?
- developing business plan
- legal stuff
- getting clients
- marketing / pr
- preparing to meetings with investors
- preparing to meetings with corporations
- analysis of the market and the competition
- hiring and managing the team
How long will the programme last?
Do I need to quit my job to be part of ReaktorX?
You don’t. Even though it’s recommended to focus fully on your startup during the acceleration, we understand it might be too early to quit your regular job at this stage.
All the events related to ReaktorX are held either in the evenings or during the weekends, so you should be fine if you are aiming to study or work during the programme. Just assume no free time during those 10 weeks 🙂
What will happen after I graduate?
We are going to introduce our graduates to accelerators, business angels and investors helping them with the next step of the startup journey.
The best graduates will present their startups at OpenReaktor.
Who are the mentors?
Mentors are seasoned entrepreneurs hand-picked by the Reaktor crew.
Are you providing office space?
You will have full access to Reaktor as a resident of the co-working space for the duration of the programme. Even though it’s not obligatory to work from Reaktor, we strongly encourage you to use that opportunity as much as you can.
What is the fee?
The fee is 500 PLN + vat. For two people in one team: 800.
Why are you charging startups?
We believe that by charging each startup a minimal amount for the programme, we will be able to filter out people who are not thinking seriously about their business. Building a company is hard work and a huge commitment. We need to be sure you are serious.
Do you take equity in my startup?
No. The programme is equity-free.
However, we encourage you to grant 2% of your startup’s stock to the mentor you choose during the programme if they agree to work together with you as an advisor to your startup going forward.
If you have any more questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org